Arrested Development season 4 clip.
Ten Relationship Words That Aren't Translatable Into English
- Mamihlapinatapei (Yagan, an indigenous language of Tierra del Fuego): The wordless yet meaningful look shared by two people who desire to initiate something, but are both reluctant to start.
- Yuanfen (Mandarin Chinese): A relationship by fate or destiny. This is a complex concept. It draws on principles of predetermination in Chinese culture, which dictate relationships, encounters and affinities, mostly among lovers and friends.
- Cafuné (Brazilian Portuguese): The act of tenderly running your fingers through someone's hair.
- Retrouvailles (French): The happiness of meeting again after a long time.
- Ilunga (Bantu): A person who is willing to forgive abuse the first time; tolerate it the second time, but never a third time.
- La Douleur Exquise (French): The heart-wrenching pain of wanting someone you can’t have.
- Koi No Yokan (Japanese): The sense upon first meeting a person that the two of you are going to fall into love.
- Ya’aburnee (Arabic): “You bury me.” It’s a declaration of one’s hope that they’ll die before another person, because of how difficult it would be to live without them.
- Forelsket: (Norwegian): The euphoria you experience when you’re first falling in love.
- Saudade (Portuguese): The feeling of longing for someone that you love and is lost. Another linguist describes it as a "vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist."
If boys had uteruses, they’d be called duderuses.
Stop corporate bullying. Fill in your name to the right to quickly sign our petition! Hi. We’re West Sixth Brewing, a socially-conscious craft brewery that opened last year in Lexington, Kentucky. You can read more about us here and here.
West 6th Brewery is a local craft brewery here in Lexington.
They are also the landlords and major sponsors of Lexington’s own Rollergirls of Central Kentucky (ROCK).
I would ask that the Roller Derby community join with me in supporting West 6th and signing their petition against corporate bullying.
Stop Corporate Bullying. Support locally brewed West 6th Brewery!